Reported Crop Circles for the State
of Illinois -
Coles County * (August 21, 2005)
Two circles, 78’ x 74’ and 24’ x 20’ in diameter were discovered in a corn field near the Fox Ridge State Park and along the edge of the Embarrass River.
Both circles’ flattened plants were in a rare radial lay pattern; a second layer underneath the main lay was discovered In an s-shape flattened towards the center of the large circle; the outer edge of the large circle alternated counter-clockwise & clockwise at eight compass points.
Both circles tested L-NEAT positive for node elongation.
Four different local people contacted the ICCRA to say that they witnessed around the time of formation, and in the two days following its' discovery, a series of unusual lights in the sky in the area of the formation: about 4:30 A.M. the morning after the formation was discovered, two unusually bright white balls of light with beams of light shining towards the ground were spotted in the area towards where the formation was located (although the formation wasn't visible from that location); three different witnesses described seeing brilliant red ("like fire engine red", "brighter than fireworks") BOLs larger than any stars or planets, but smaller than the full moon appear in the sky in the area of the formation - the appearance of the lights caused two of the witnesses to nearly drive off the road.
Located close to the formation, on a ridge overlooking the field, was an Indian burial ground.
Source: ICCRA investigation
Photos: Jeffrey Wilson, Roger Sugden, Ted Robertson, landowner (name withheld)
/ County / Date:
- Randolph, Randolph County
- Belleville, Saint Clair County (January 1, 1975)
- Burnt Prairie, White County (October 1, 1975)
- [Unknown], (1978)
- [Unknown], (March 1981)
- Shelbyville, Shelby County (August 1990)
- Xenia, Clay County
(October 9, 1990)
- Milan / Rock Island, Rock Island County (October 16, 1990)
- Moline, Rock Island County (November 16, 1990)
- Troy, Madison County
(June 16, 1991)
- Lemont / Argonne, DuPage County (Fall 1991)
- Troy, Madison County
- Troy / Effingham, Madison County (June 1992)
- Albion, Edwards County
(October 12, 1996)
- Collinsville / Granite City, Madison County (June 28, 1997)
- Naperville, Du Page County
(July 26, 2002)
- University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign, Champaign County (October 3, 2003)
- Rockford, Winnebago County (July 10, 2004)
- Coles County (*exact location withheld by ICCRA)
(August 21, 2005)
- Belleville, St. Clair County
(July 29, 2006)
- Geneseo, Henry County
(August 17, 2006)
- St. Clair County (*exact location withheld by ICCRA)
(August 20, 2006)